The South African Insurance Association at its Annual Meeting held virtually on 22 July 2021 has re-elected the board and welcomed newly elected Board…
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) is the representative body of the non-life insurance industry. It represents the industry to all relevant stakeholders to ensure a sustainable and dynamic industry. SAIA has 57 members, comprising all categories of non-life insurers, including reinsurers. Its members abide by the SAIA Code of Conduct, which ensures adherence to best-practice industry standards and self-regulation.
To promote and represent the interests of the non-life insurance industry, while leading and enhancing the efforts of the industry to become recognised and trusted as an important contributor to the South African economy and society.
- Encouraging fair and ethical treatment of consumers of non-life insurance products;
- Representing the non-life insurance industry with all stakeholders and at all levels in such a way that these stakeholders have trust and confidence in the industry;
- Creating an environment in which the members of our industry can share information, debate important and relevant issues, and create a common vision for the non-life insurance industry;
- Creating opportunities for the industry to continue with, and embark on, initiatives that will enhance its image and reputation among all stakeholders;
- Promoting understanding of non-life insurance to all stakeholders;
- Promoting awareness of the industry and its contributions to society and the South African economy.
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) calls on all policy holders who have suffered losses or damage to property and or business operations which…
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) has observed with concern the looting of businesses, damage to property and infrastructure, and the barricading…